Friday, September 17, 2010

My Restaurant Rant

So today my husband took me out for lunch today for my birthday and we decided to try a new restaurant that opened where a Shari's use to be. They have a location in another part of town so this is there second one.

The service was OK, as it took us about 15 minutes to get our food. They were not too busy and what we ordered do not take a long time. My husband got a cheeseburger, my son got corn puppies and fries and I ordered a club house.

So here is my rant. All I wanted was a simple club house sandwich with just turkey, bacon, cheese, tomato and lettuce. What they had on the menu was a deluxe that included ham and had American and Swiss cheese. I told her that I just wanted turkey and Cheddar cheese. I got my turkey club with cheddar cheese, but the cheese was SHREDDED!!! Who puts shredded cheese on a sandwich that already has a hard time staying together?!?! What kind of restaurant doesn't have sliced cheddar cheese?!?! And why didn't she say something to me when I requested cheddar??? I sat there and stared at it and she then told me that they don't have sliced cheddar and acted as if I should of known that. If I wasn't so hungry I would of sent it back.

Now I did eat the whole thing and it was good as well as the fries. What most restaurants fail to realize is that even if their food is good you can lose customers by slow and or slacking service and putting SHREDDED CHEESE on a club house!!!!

I have 20 years of experience in hospitality and one of the most important things that I learned is that humans are very emotionally attached to their food. When something is not right, or what they expect or even if a restaurant is out the reactions are all EMOTIONAL. So yes, I had an emotional response and because of that negative response that I had we will most like not return. This could of been avoided if the server just told me that they do not have sliced cheddar. I most likely would of ordered something else and would of been fine.

So if you find yourself at the new Peachtree location on Mill Plain here DO NOT ORDER A CLUB WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE!!!